How to lodge a complaint
As a cell captive insurer, Yard Insurance Limited, partners with other financial service providers to provide our customers with insurance products to suit their needs.
Therefore, should you have a query or a complaint, or you are not satisfied with the outcome of your claim or the service you received from us and/or the financial service provider and you wish to raise this, kindly refer to the Disclosure
document which is at the back of your Insurance Policy. This Disclosure document provides information about the Client Care Consultant, Intermediary, or Administrator who is your first point of contact.
If the complaint is not resolved or you are dissatisfied with the outcome, kindly follow the steps outlined below.
A complaint can be submitted in writing either on our email address being email@example.com or by completing the form below.
On receipt of a complaint through our email address or website, Yard Insurance Complaints Department will issue an acknowledgment of receipt, the name of the person dealing with your complaint, and confirmation that the relevant assigned staff
member will contact you telephonically which will be sent to the complainant within 2 (two) business days.
Should your complaint be against Yard Insurance, please lodge your complaint with the Ombud for
Short-term Insurance. The procedure for lodging a complaint may be found on the website for the Ombud
for Short-term Insurance (www.osti.co.za) or you may obtain it directly from the Ombud at the following details:
Ombudsman for short term insurance
Tel : 011 726 8900 / 0860 726 890
Post: PO Box 32334, Braamfontein,
Alternatively, a complaint may be lodged with the FAIS Ombud. A complaint form needs to be completed, which can be downloaded from the FAIS Ombud’s website (www.faisombud.co.za).
The complaints registration form is also available from the FAIS Ombud at the following contact details:
Tel : 012 470 9080 / 012 762 5000
Post: P.O Box 74571,
Lynnwood Ridge, 0040.
Treating Customers Fairly
Yard Insurance has a strong focus on customer satisfaction and strives to comply with the Treating Customers Fairly fairness outcomes in accordance with the FSCA
requirements from the perspective of the customer. It is our goal and mission to always embody the Treating Customers Fairly framework and to ensure that our stakeholders do the same.
If Yard Insurance is failing to live up to this standard, a complaint may also be submitted:
- If you are not being treated fairly;
- If the products and services are failing to meet the needs of identified types, kinds, or categories accordingly.
- If you are not given clear information and are not kept appropriately informed before, during, and after the time of entering into a policy.
- If you receive advice that is not suitable and does not take account of your circumstances.
- If you are not provided with products that perform as insurers have led them to expect, and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and what they have been led to expect.
- If you do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers to change products, switch providers, submit a claim or make a complaint.